Benefits for Service Members
Service members learn skills to address many of the changes and challenges that military families experience:
- How to talk with kids about changes and transitions
- How to build strong connections with their spouse/partner and/or children
- How to establish effective family routines and come up with new ones when needed
- How to manage stress reminders
- How to effectively address and solve problems as a family
- How to discuss military experiences with children and family members
- How to maintain these skills after separation from the military
FOCUS really made this last deployment smoother. It has been a great confidence builder.
FOCUS Mom and United States Navy Spouse
Our main goal during the FOCUS program was to decide how to communicate with the kids what was going on and we got exactly what we asked for.
FOCUS Dad and United States Marine