FOCUS World (www.focusworld.org) is an interactive, online educational tool that helps military families become stronger in the face of challenges by providing both parents and kids a fun place to learn and practice important skills, such as:
- Emotional Regulation – understanding and managing feelings
- Goal Setting – working together as a family to achieve something important to you
- Communication - listening and responding to each other’s concerns, including those related to deployment and reintegration
FOCUS World is an online version of a successful program that has been provided in person to military families across the country and overseas. It offers a variety of educational activities that families can view together.
- Parents can watch brief videos that show helpful ways parents can deal with common family challenges, such as: how to talk to their kids about their concerns when a parent is about to deploy, common challenges families face during reintegration, and how to help children cope during a parent’s absence.
- Parents can also download handouts that provide helpful education and activities for military families.
For more information about suggested activities to build a stronger family using FOCUS World, click the calendar which provides 30 days of suggested activities to assist you in building a stronger family.
Looking for more activities from FOCUS?
Check out our Mobile App FOCUS on the Go! https://focusproject.org/mobile-app