FOCUS World (www.focusworld.org) is an interactive, online educational tool that helps military families become stronger in the face of challenges by providing both parents and kids a fun place to learn and practice important skills, such as:
- Emotional Regulation – understanding and managing feelings
- Goal Setting – working together as a family to achieve something important to you
- Communication - listening and responding to each other’s concerns, including those related to deployment and reintegration
FOCUS World is an online version of a successful program that has been provided in person to military families across the country and overseas. It offers a variety of educational activities that families can do together in addition to a private place for parents and kids to chat online.
- Parents can watch brief videos that show helpful ways parents can deal with common family challenges, such as: how to talk to their kids about their concerns when a parent is about to deploy, common challenges families face during reintegration, and how to help children cope during a parent’s absence.
- Parents can also download handouts that provide helpful education and activities for military families.
- To find out more about the different skills parents and kids can learn in FOCUS World, hover your mouse over the room names on the right to see the room descriptions.
For more information about suggested activities to build a stronger family using FOCUS World, click the calendar which provides 30 days of suggested activities to assist you in building a stronger family.